Chapter 18 is coming soon! Take a look and see some of the new updates that are coming! Meet the mysterious dognapper to find out what happened to Skillet! Serve up fun new carnival foods like Churros, Funnel Cakes, and Ice Cream Sandwiches! Blow up colorful balloons for your customers – just make sure they […]
The Cruise-Inn Cheesecake!
👩🏻🍳Hungry for some of the foods in the Cruise Ship? So are we! Here’s the recipe for the Raspberry Cheesecake to try 🍰
For the crust:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (10 crackers)
1 tablespoon sugar
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
2 1/2 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
5 whole extra-large eggs, at room temperature
2 extra-large egg yolks, at room temperature
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
For the topping:
1 cup of Strawberry Jelly
3 half-pints fresh raspberries
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. To make the crust, combine the graham crackers, sugar, and melted butter until moistened. Pour into a 9-inch springform pan. With your hands, press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan and about 1-inch up the sides. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
3. To make the filling, cream the cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Reduce the speed of the mixer to medium and add the eggs and egg yolks, 2 at a time, mixing well. With the mixer on low, add the sour cream, lemon zest, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly and pour into the cooled crust.
4. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the oven temperature down to 225 degrees F and bake for another 1 hour and 15 minutes. Turn the oven off and open the door wide. The cake will not be completely set in the center. Allow the cake to sit in the oven with the door open for 30 minutes. Take the cake out of the oven and let it sit at room temperature for another 2 to 3 hours, until completely cooled. Wrap and refrigerate overnight.
5. Remove the cake from the springform pan by carefully running a hot knife around the outside of the cake. Leave the cake on the bottom of the springform pan for serving.
6. To make the topping, melt the jelly in a small pan over low heat. In a bowl, toss the raspberries and the warm jelly gently until well mixed. Arrange the berries on top of the cake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Enjoy and share your creation on the Facebook page!
Happy Holidays! Dinertown citizens are getting ready to celebrate this Holiday season but Mr Big has no plan to relax by his fireplace. Check out this new animated short and follow Mr Big’s mission to impress his mom! Will the decoration festivities be ruined?
And coming up, Grandma finds her old snack shop defaced by Mr. Big, as part of his twisted, self-aggrandizing theme park: Big World. Join Flo and Grandma as they restore it back to fun and sanity with crazy new carnival games and delightful decorations! But the stakes are higher this time, as they also work […]